At ChromoGenics we strongly believe in the potential of smart glass and the use of electrochromic materials! We are in an exciting phase of growth within an attractive market with great potential. The many years of groundbreaking research have resulted in a unique patent portfolio and today ChromoGenics consist of three lines of products. These include dynamic glass with controllable heat and light transmission, static glass with world leading performance and designed solar cell facades.
ChromoGenics – your manufacturer of smart glass
Our state-of-the-art production facility includes climate-stabilized cleanroom facilities, production lines for ConverLight® glass laminates, testing and development facilities. This is the place where we develop our exclusive IP portfolio, consisting of proprietary know-how and patents covering essential materials, processes and applications in a total of 18 patent families. The last one will expire in 2033, with several additional patents pending. ChromoGenics’ current position as a distinguished smart glass manufacturer is therefore just the first chapter in our exploration of electrochromic solutions.
The history of ChromoGenics
ChromoGenics was founded in 2003 and arose as a natural outcome of 20 years of research in electrochromic materials by Professor Claes-Göran Granqvist and his team at the Ångström Laboratory at Uppsala University in Sweden. The many years of groundbreaking research have resulted in a unique patent portfolio that has given ChromoGenics a leading position worldwide within electrochromic materials.
In 2016 the electrochromic and dynamic product ConverLight® was commercially launched.
In 2017 ChromoGenics share (CHRO) was listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market. Certified Adviser is Erik Penser Bank.
In 2018 ChromoGenics acquired the I-Window product and by that added a static solar control glass with unique and patented properties verified by the Ångström Laboratory. This product is relabeled ConverLight® Static.
In 2019 ChromoGenics invested in sputter machines and we are currently building a brand new sputtering plant in Uppsala. This factory is unique in its kind for northern Europe and was operational in 2021. The purpose of the new factory is to increase the sustainability for our production by reducing transport, shorter lead times and a direct control of the quality. Sputtering is used in our roll-to-roll process where plastic film is coated with nano-thin electrochromic material, a major process in the production of our dynamic product. Several of our patents are related to this process. The capacity of the factory makes it possible to produce and deliver electrochromic foil on the global market.
Several established companies and organizations have already discovered the advantages that ConverLight contributes to their business environment. Will you be the next?
Latest Press Releases
- ChromoGenics receives new orders totaling approximately SEK 1.1 million October 5, 2021
- We are nominated for Glasspriset 2021! October 4, 2021
- Outcome of the first exercise period for ChromoGenics warrants of series 2020/2022:1 September 28, 2021
- Meet our new CEO Fredrik Fränding! September 22, 2021
- The first deliveries to an environmentally certified building in Oslo have left ChromoGenics factory in Uppsala September 3, 2021
- Invitation to information session of ChromoGenics interim report August 26, 2021
- Interim Report January–June 2021 August 26, 2021
- Chat with ChromoGenics – 30th August 19:00-20:00 August 25, 2021
- Correction of previous press release ‘’Interim Report January-March 2021’’ May 20, 2021
- Interim Report January-March 2021 May 20, 2021
- What’s happening at Chromogenics? May 18, 2021
- Chat with ChromoGenics – 19th May 19:00-20:00 May 17, 2021